Why not consider subdividing the classroom using a Variflex® mobile acoustic partitions, as seen here at St David’s Marist School in Inanda. It provides flexible classroom layouts; no floor track and two or more classrooms can be used simultaneously without disrupting each other or a large room can be created with the individual elements being parked neatly to one side or into a niche. This is especially useful if a teacher is absent. Instead of trying to organise a substitute teacher, the two rooms are ‘opened up’ into one and both classes have supervision and the lesson can go on. Another example of flexible classroom layouts could be subdividing an examination venue, that is only used a handful of times during the year, into four or more classrooms, that can be used for the rest of the year. This will be the perfect example to optimise space!
At St David’s Marist a VX83 Variflex® mobile acoustic partitions with just over 8 meters in length and a height of 3.18 meters was designed, manufactured and installed. The specified finish was a white melawood with integrated windows and a pass door for easy access from one room to the other. There is a vast range of finishes and layout options to suit your needs, that fit your purpose.
Herewith a summary of all the benefits of our Variflex® mobile acoustic partition system:
- Acoustic rating from DnTw = 40dB to 55dB
- Max height up to 12m
- Permits flexible room layouts
- Subdivides large areas as needed
- Allows complete privacy in each rooms
- No floor track – only an overhead track
- Elements are parked neatly to one side or into a niche
- Automated horizontal seals available (electric drive operation)
- Technical backup and international design standards
- Assist at feasibility and design stage
Contact us for your Space Optimisation with Acoustic Benefits for ANY Educational Institution!